Recent Press Releases
Pillars Community Health has made the decision to end Early Childhood Education services when our Head Start grant ends on June 30, 2020.
Pillars Community Health is concerned about the potential adverse impacts of the Illinois recreational cannabis law.
For the 6th consecutive year, we are a Health Center Quality Leader. Among our programming at Pillars Community Health is a Federally Qualified Health Center that provides medical, dental, and behavioral health, and related services.
Pillars Community Health is marking the 40th anniversary of its domestic violence shelter, Constance Morris House, with a celebration during Domestic Violence Awareness Month.
The volunteer board members will help promote and advise the nonprofit organization.
Pillars Community Health is opening a new Family Health Center, offering affordable medical and dental services onsite at Anne M. Jeans Elementary School in Willowbrook (Burr Ridge School District).
Story Ideas and Style Notes
Pillars Community Health’s CEO and senior leadership staff are available for interviews.
Style Guide Notes:
- Say “people living with mental illness,” not “the mentally ill.”
- Say “people with substance use disorders,” not “addicts.”
- Say “people with diabetes,” not “diabetics.”
- Note: Suicide is not really the cause of death, it’s the means. More than 90 percent of the time, a mental illness leads to the suicide.
- Click here for additional mental health terminology.
- Click here for additional addiction-related terminology from the Associated Press.
- Read this editorial from our Board President Zada Clarke regarding language that perpetuates stigma.