Pillars Community Health is unique in our ability to provide coordinated medical, behavioral health, and dental services at our Health Center locations. We want all our patients to understand the importance of oral health to our overall health.
- Preventive care, including exams, cleanings, dental sealants, fluoride treatment, and digital X-rays
- Emergency care
- Oral cancer screening—positive screenings for patients are referred to our medical providers for assessment and treatment referrals
- Monitoring of diabetic patients and their special oral health needs
- Patient Education
- Benefits & enrollment assistance
- Referrals for medical care, behavioral health screenings, and other services across Pillars Community Health
- Access to discounted prescriptions for low-income, uninsured patients through our 340B program
For questions about accessing care at our Community Health Center:
We want to get you the care you need, when you need it, and are committed to eliminating barriers to care, such as language, income, or stigma. Services are available in English and Spanish. For other languages, language assistance lines are available in our Health Center, and sign language interpreters can be called upon for assistance.
All patients are welcome regardless of health insurance status or age. Staff are skilled at creating a comfortable, stress-free experience for families with children. Click here to meet our dentists and dental assistants.
The Patient Portal enables our patients to communicate with our doctors, dentists, nurses, and staff members quickly, easily, safely, and securely via the Internet. Participating patients are given secure User IDs and passwords, enabling them to access the Portal to view their personal and private documents, including lab and diagnostic test results, referrals, educational information, and other health information. View Patient Health Portal here.