Sexual assault and abuse are terms that refer to sexual contact without consent. Rape, intimate partner rape, incest, attempted rape, and unwanted sexual touch are often called sexual assault.
Sexual violence is a societal problem that can have lasting effects on survivors, their families, friends, and communities. Pillars Community Health, a certified rape crisis center, has provided comprehensive services to adult and child survivors of sexual abuse or sexual assault since 1990.
If you have experienced a sexual assault, reach out to Pillars Community Health for help using our 24-hour sexual assault hotline:
Services are provided at NO COST and are available in English, Spanish, and Arabic. Our services include:
- A confidential 24-hour sexual assault hotline, 708-482-9600
- Crisis intervention
- Criminal justice and medical advocacy
- Individual, group, family, and couples therapy
- Community education and activities, including efforts to change entrenched societal attitudes that tolerate as well as contribute to sexual violence
- Prevention education about all forms of sexual assault/sexual abuse and healthy relationships with children, adolescents, and young adults, from preschool through college
- Culturally competent outreach and services, including support and empowerment groups for African Americans and Middle Eastern North African survivors
Feeling unsafe as you read this?
The Domestic Violence Safety Exit (red button at bottom right) is designed to help you quickly exit this page if you are currently in danger. If your abuser is in the room, hit the red button, or press your ESC key, at any time you feel unsafe. The button will automatically send you to Google.com.
Pillars Community Health in the Community
Pillars Community Health is the local contact for the RAINN hotline (the Rape and Incest National Network, based in California). When someone from our service area calls RAINN, the hotline automatically connects the caller to Pillars Community Health.
In addition, Pillars Community Health works with emergency rooms, colleges and universities, school districts, and first responders to provide Sexual Assault Services:
- Our hospital partners include Loyola University Medical Center, MacNeal Hospital, Rush Oak Park Hospital, Westlake Hospital, AMITA Health Adventist Medical Center La Grange, Gottlieb Memorial Hospital, MetroSouth Medical Center, and (beginning January 2019) Palos Hospital.
- Our university partners including Dominican University, Concordia University Chicago, St. Xavier University, Moraine Valley Community College, Morton College, Trinity Christian College, and Lincoln College of Technology.
- We partner with more than 30 area police departments.
- We provide services at our agency’s domestic violence shelter as well as the Fourth and Fifth Municipal District Courts of Cook County.
- We provide prevention education to 20 school districts.
Be an Advocate for Sexual Assault Survivors
Show your support for victims and survivors each April (Sexual Assault Awareness Month) by wearing a teal ribbon.
We train volunteers to answer hotline calls, provide resources, and accompany survivors to local hospitals and police stations. Learn more about volunteering.
Attend an Awareness Event
Stay tuned to our calendar to learn about awareness events and activities in the community.