Recent Press Releases
Pillars Community Health is opening a new Family Health Center, offering affordable medical and dental services onsite at Anne M. Jeans Elementary School in Willowbrook...
Read about the exciting results and attendance at our 2019 Ball.
Pillars Community Health’s Behavioral Health Services are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). We have received the highest level of accreditation...
For the 5th consecutive year, we are a Health Center Quality Leader. Among our programming at Pillars Community Health is a Federally Qualified Health Center...
Angela Curran to serve as president and CEO of merged organization. Two of the largest, longest-running, and most respected organizations in the western and southwestern...
Story Ideas and Style Notes
Pillars Community Health’s CEO and senior leadership staff are available for interviews.
Style Guide Notes:
- Say “people living with mental illness,” not “the mentally ill.”
- Say “people with substance use disorders,” not “addicts.”
- Say “people with diabetes,” not “diabetics.”
- Note: Suicide is not really the cause of death, it’s the means. More than 90 percent of the time, a mental illness leads to the suicide.
- Click here for additional mental health terminology.
- Click here for additional addiction-related terminology from the Associated Press.
- Read this editorial from our Board President Zada Clarke regarding language that perpetuates stigma.