Recent Press Releases
Pillars Community Health’s Community Health Center has won its 7th consecutive Health Center Quality Leader award from HRSA.
Pillars Community Health welcomes new board member Maya Gavrilovic and board president Stephen J. Ryan, Jr.
On Thursday, July 23, 2020, Pillars Community Health’s board of directors announced it will not reopen The Community Shop resale and donation center in downtown La Grange.
As a certified rape crisis center and as a local Title IX partner at area universities and K-12 schools, we believe the new federal Title IX regulations are unacceptable.
On Saturday, February 1, 2020, we hosted our annual Pillars Community Health Ball at Drury Lane in Oakbrook Terrace, IL. The Ball brought together 315 area…
Pillars Community Health has made the decision to end Early Childhood Education services when our Head Start grant ends on June 30, 2020.
Story Ideas and Style Notes
Pillars Community Health’s CEO and senior leadership staff are available for interviews.
Style Guide Notes:
- Say “people living with mental illness,” not “the mentally ill.”
- Say “people with substance use disorders,” not “addicts.”
- Say “people with diabetes,” not “diabetics.”
- Note: Suicide is not really the cause of death, it’s the means. More than 90 percent of the time, a mental illness leads to the suicide.
- Click here for additional mental health terminology.
- Click here for additional addiction-related terminology from the Associated Press.
- Read this editorial from our Board President Zada Clarke regarding language that perpetuates stigma.