Recent Press Releases
Accreditation is an indication of an organization’s dedication and commitment to improving the quality of the lives of the people it serves. Pillars Community Health’s Behavioral…
We are honored to be one of 35 organizations in Illinois to receive funding through the COVID-19 Renewal Grant. The grant, funded by Delta Dental…
Pillars Community Health is one of 20 organizations to receive multi-year funding for general operating support from the Healthy Communities Foundation.
Pillars Community Health is 100 years old in 2021. In July 2021, the historic organization welcomed three new members to its volunteer Board of Directors.
Pillars Community Health has sold the building at 1023 Burlington Avenue in Western Springs. As a result of this sale, we will be moving out by July 2021.
Story Ideas and Style Notes
Pillars Community Health’s CEO and senior leadership staff are available for interviews.
Style Guide Notes:
- Say “people living with mental illness,” not “the mentally ill.”
- Say “people with substance use disorders,” not “addicts.”
- Say “people with diabetes,” not “diabetics.”
- Note: Suicide is not really the cause of death, it’s the means. More than 90 percent of the time, a mental illness leads to the suicide.
- Click here for additional mental health terminology.
- Click here for additional substance use-related terminology from the Associated Press.
- Read this editorial from our Board President Zada Clarke regarding language that perpetuates stigma.