Recent Press Releases
Pillars Community Health has sold the building at 1023 Burlington Avenue in Western Springs. As a result of this sale, we will be moving out by July 2021.
Pillars Community Health’s childhood grief program Buddy’s Place is celebrating its 20th anniversary in 2020.
Pillars Community Health’s Community Health Center has won its 7th consecutive Health Center Quality Leader award from HRSA.
Pillars Community Health welcomes new board member Maya Gavrilovic and board president Stephen J. Ryan, Jr.
On Thursday, July 23, 2020, Pillars Community Health’s board of directors announced it will not reopen The Community Shop resale and donation center in downtown La Grange.
As a certified rape crisis center and as a local Title IX partner at area universities and K-12 schools, we believe the new federal Title IX regulations are unacceptable.
Story Ideas and Style Notes
Pillars Community Health’s CEO and senior leadership staff are available for interviews.
Style Guide Notes:
- Say “people living with mental illness,” not “the mentally ill.”
- Say “people with substance use disorders,” not “addicts.”
- Say “people with diabetes,” not “diabetics.”
- Note: Suicide is not really the cause of death, it’s the means. More than 90 percent of the time, a mental illness leads to the suicide.
- Click here for additional mental health terminology.
- Click here for additional addiction-related terminology from the Associated Press.
- Read this editorial from our Board President Zada Clarke regarding language that perpetuates stigma.