Recent Press Releases
Pillars Community Health Unveils Plans for New Community Health Center at 321 N La Grange Road in La Grange Park
LA GRANGE PARK, ILL – Pillars Community Health is thrilled to announce the acquisition of a new health center location at 321 N La Grange…
Pillars Community Health Appoints Kim Stephens as Senior Vice President of Domestic and Sexual Violence Services
COUNTRYSIDE, Ill. – Pillars Community Health, a leading provider of comprehensive health and social services in the western and southwestern suburbs of Chicago, is pleased…
NAMI Metro Suburban and Pillars Community Health Celebrate Grand Opening of “The Loft at Eight Corners” Teen Mental Wellness Space
BROOKFIELD, IL – Today, National Alliance on Mental Illness Metro Suburban (NAMI Met Sub) and Pillars Community Health celebrated the grand opening of The Loft…
Accreditation is an indication of an organization’s dedication and commitment to improving the quality of the lives of the people it serves. Pillars Community Health’s Behavioral…
We are honored to be one of 35 organizations in Illinois to receive funding through the COVID-19 Renewal Grant. The grant, funded by Delta Dental…
Story Ideas and Style Notes
Pillars Community Health’s CEO and senior leadership staff are available for interviews.
Style Guide Notes:
- Say “people living with mental illness,” not “the mentally ill.”
- Say “people with substance use disorders,” not “addicts.”
- Say “people with diabetes,” not “diabetics.”
- Note: Suicide is not really the cause of death, it’s the means. More than 90 percent of the time, a mental illness leads to the suicide.
- Click here for additional mental health terminology.
- Click here for additional substance use-related terminology from the Associated Press.
- Read this editorial from our Board President Zada Clarke regarding language that perpetuates stigma.