Recent Press Releases
Pillars Community Health is one of 20 organizations to receive multi-year funding for general operating support from the Healthy Communities Foundation.
Pillars Community Health is 100 years old in 2021. In July 2021, the historic organization welcomed three new members to its volunteer Board of Directors.
Pillars Community Health has sold the building at 1023 Burlington Avenue in Western Springs. As a result of this sale, we will be moving out by July 2021.
Pillars Community Health’s childhood grief program Buddy’s Place is celebrating its 20th anniversary in 2020.
Pillars Community Health’s Community Health Center has won its 7th consecutive Health Center Quality Leader award from HRSA.
Story Ideas and Style Notes
Pillars Community Health’s CEO and senior leadership staff are available for interviews.
Style Guide Notes:
- Say “people living with mental illness,” not “the mentally ill.”
- Say “people with substance use disorders,” not “addicts.”
- Say “people with diabetes,” not “diabetics.”
- Note: Suicide is not really the cause of death, it’s the means. More than 90 percent of the time, a mental illness leads to the suicide.
- Click here for additional mental health terminology.
- Click here for additional addiction-related terminology from the Associated Press.
- Read this editorial from our Board President Zada Clarke regarding language that perpetuates stigma.