The Community Shop, a thrift store and donation center, is a program of Pillars Community Health. All donations to the Shop and all sales help keep our programs running.
We specialize in the following:
- Home Decor
- Collectibles and Antiques
- Seasonal Merchandise
Location and Hours
Monday: 10:30 am-6 pm
Tuesday: 10:30 am-6 pm
Wednesday: 10:30 am-6 pm
Thursday: 10:30 am-8 pm
Friday: 10:30 am-6 pm
Saturday: 10:30 am-6 pm
Sign up to receive Shop coupons in your email inbox
For non-furniture items such as accessories, home décor, books/media, toys – please drop off at The Community Shop Drop Off in the alley behind 23 Calendar Avenue in La Grange, Monday through Saturday, 9 am-5:30 pm. The alley is one way starting at LaGrange Rd. between Fannie Mae Candies and Chase Bank. There is a clearly marked red drop off door about three-quarters of the way down the alley. We also accept small amounts of donations in the store during our normal business hours.
For gently used furniture, call 708-579-2425 to make arrangements for you to drop off, or for a FREE pick-up of pre-approved items! We will pick up from a 1st floor level, front porch or garage (unless an elevator building) items that are in very good condition.
For larger estates, FREE pick-up service is available on approved estates (larger donations of furniture and non-furniture items donated together). Call 708-579-2425 to schedule pick-up.
We cannot accept the following items:
- Cell phones and cell phone chargers
- Mattresses/box springs or sofa beds
- TVs, computers/computer accessories
- Ski equipment or large exercise equipment, such as a treadmill
- Car seats, cribs, play yards, high chairs or strollers
- Large appliances, such as stoves or refrigerators
- Building materials, paints, cleaning products or chemicals of any kind
- Garden equipment such as lawnmowers, electric trimmers
- Please – nothing dirty, broken, wet, rusty or hazardous
Many other area shops and organizations accept donated items. Click here to learn about other ways to donate items.
Volunteer at the Shop
More than 150 volunteers help keep our Shop running each week. We offer several ways to volunteer in our shop. Whether you’re a teen interested in community service, or an adult looking to provide retail support, we’d love to learn more about your interest.