***This Position Clinician to have LCSW or LCPC – Working in a FQHC Center***
Provides brief mental health and substance use intervention services to medical patients of an outpatient family practice Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC). Brief intervention services are provided in-person and via telehealth using evidence-based models in addition to ongoing collaboration with medical staff and other behavioral health team members within a Community Mental Health Center.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
· Works in an integrated care setting to provide mental health and substance use services to children, adolescents and adults.
· Provides brief intervention services using evidence-based models (including, but not limited to, motivational interviewing, cognitive behavioral therapy, and solution-focused therapy). These services are typically provided via 30-minute face-to-face sessions with individual patients and families, for a maximum of 6-8 sessions depending on patient needs.
· Assesses referred clients to identify appropriate services and level of care, and makes appropriate referrals based on that assessment.
· Integrated care responsibilities include but not limited to: providing curbside consultation with medical providers, participating in patient staffing with medical providers and psychiatrists, notifying medical providers of clients’ progression in treatment, assessing risk and treatment needs of medical patients on site at the medical clinic, assisting in outreach and community engagement to inform communities of medical and behavioral health services, tracking symptom presentation and outcomes of treatment, assisting in the development of psychoeducational material for a medical population, and participating in behavioral health team meetings.
· Assesses and stabilizes high risk individuals and/or families.
· Works in collaboration with other agency programs and staff.
· Coordinates with other community agencies and organizations such as, DCFS, schools, hospitals, and other providers in the community as required.
· Provides case management services that coordinate, support, and advocate for clients who need multiple services and require assistance in gaining access to and in using mental health, social, vocational, educational, child welfare, and other community services and resources.
· Responds to clients’ needs outside of regularly scheduled session times.
· Monitors and supports services provided by psychiatrist.
· Maintains records in accordance with agency policies and complete required outcomes protocols.
· Participates in peer review per clinic protocol to ensure that documentations satisfies current standards of care and regulatory guidelines
· Participates in agency meetings and in-services.
· Maintains licensure and CEU requirements, regularly submitting record of such to HR and Credentialing and Compliance Departments.
· Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with a disability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Master’s Degree in Counseling, Psychology, Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy or related field required.
Experience working with clients with co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders is preferred but not required.
Related experience should include integrated care experience with a primary care population and a demonstrated knowledge and experience in the use of brief treatment modalities including cognitive behavioral therapy, motivational interviewing, and solution-focused therapy. Ability to work as part of a team and collaborate with consumers, referrals sources, and other community providers is essential.
Bilingual (English/Spanish) required.
Must maintain a safe driving record and have current valid Illinois Driver’s License. Personal vehicle needed for transportation to/from consultation meetings at other Pillars Community Health sites. Mileage for authorized work-related purposes is reimbursable.
Email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com