To enroll a child/children in Head Start or Early Head Start at Pillars Community Health, parent(s) must show the following:
- Proof of age (child’s official birth certificate—if child is a foster child, placement documents must also be submitted from placement agency)
- Proof of address—two items (e.g., copy of current lease, utility bill)
- Proof of income (such as a tax return, current and consecutive paystubs, income and expense worksheet, verification of employment from employer)
- School schedule, if applicable (IDHS only)
- Parent/guardian/foster-parent’s photo ID (driver’s license, state ID, passport)
- Medical card, if applicable
- A completed physical exam completed by a licensed physican
- Immunization record
For enrollment in full-day child care, Pillars Community Health requires all of the documents listed above. In addition, if attending high school or college, the parent must provide a current schedule verified by the principal’s office or student advisor. If receiving public assistance (TANF), the parent must submit their Responsibility and Services Plan (RSP).
For questions about enrollment, call:
Enrollment for full-day child care is based on the following (written verification must be provided):
- Families meet income guidelines
- Parents work a minimum 25 hours/week or more or are in an employment training program; or parents attending secondary school full time (high school) or a college/university enrolled for 12 credit hours or more
- Parents receiving public assistance (TANF) must submit their Responsibility and Services Plan (RSP)
- Assessed co-payment is paid monthly
- Full-day care for infants/toddlers from 6 weeks to 2 years old must meet both Early Head Start and Child Care Assistance Program eligibility requirements.
Each enrolled family attends an orientation session to learn about the philosophy, discipline guidelines, and policies of Pillars Community Health and to discuss any concerns and expectations for their children.