Provide all aspects of outpatient addiction treatment services, including primary and after-care treatment to substance users in order to help them overcome their addiction(s) and rebuild their lives. Service modalities may include group and individual treatment with adolescents and/or adults at both Levels I and II. Utilize strong clinical skills and an integrated treatment approach to assist clients to understand the inter-relationship between mental illness and drug/alcohol use, and to understand the use of psychotropic medications and drugs/alcohol.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Engage clients through active listening skills and respect for client’s strengths as well as weaknesses.
- Through in-person interview with client and significant others as appropriate, perform thorough drug/alcohol evaluations and assessments and diagnose clients using DSM. Make appropriate recommendations for level of care utilizing the ASAM criteria.
- With the client and utilizing a strengths-based perspective, formulate treatment plans based on assessed need, review treatment plans according to policy and review plans with the supervisor as needed.
- Deliver services as determined by assessment, as reflected in treatment plan and as needed by individuals served, including individual and group treatment, case management, early intervention, community intervention, crisis intervention, etc.
- Provide services for clients utilizing state-of-the-art treatment tools, evidence based practices such as motivational interviewing and develop and modify group curricula as needed.
- Manage caseload of assigned clients, including accurately completing all necessary and required documentation, including but not limited to intake paperwork, group rosters, progress notes, discharge summary, status reports, insurance forms, required insurance authorizations, etc.
- Maintain weekly schedule of appointments and activities and inform supervisor in advance when schedule changes.
- Apprise clients of available services within the agency and community and develop contacts with and make referrals to other agencies, professional groups and community entities as needed and only with client consent.
- Adhere to all policies, procedures and regulations which may apply to the position. Adhere to and deliver services in compliance with all agency and funder requirements, polices and procedures.
- Attend and participate in required department and agency meetings.
- Represent program at community meetings or functions when assigned. May present services to community entities and may deliver treatment services at community locations, such as local schools.
- May provide direct clinical supervision to student intern(s) as available and assigned and as required by learning institution, including oversight of required hours, completion of required reports, etc.
- Participate in required training and by required deadlines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with a disability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Education: High School Diploma required. Bachelor’s degree and Master’s degree in psychology, social work, counseling, addictions studies, or a related field preferred.
Licensure/Certification: CADC required.
Work Experience/Skills: Two years of experience in the addictions/substance use disorder field and/or related field required. Experience working with clients with co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders is preferred. Experience with different types of treatment preferred (i.e. OP, IOP, Aftercare). Organizational skills and ability to function and communicate as part of a treatment team is essential. (Internship experience may be credited towards years of experience)
Must maintain a safe driving record and have current valid Illinois Driver’s License and vehicle. Personal vehicle needed for transportation to/from Pillars Community Health sites. Mileage for authorized work-related purposes is reimbursable.
Email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com