The Retail Inventory Associate will be the primary driver and mover in pick-ups of furniture, large items and other donated goods, transporting them from donor homes and sites to the Community Shop and unloading them into the appropriate areas. Assists in the Community Shop receiving donations, moving donations from the receiving area to the pricing area and moving priced merchandise to the retail floor or storage but is able to lift/move/push/pull a minimum of 75 pounds.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Primary responsibility of receiving and routing donations received on site.
- Drives company truck as needed.
- Pickup donations based on schedule provided by Assistant Retail Manager.
- Responsible for preparing merchandise for outside vendor pick up (recycling/resale) and assisting with related logistics.
- Responsible for the disposal of refuse from operations including recycling of boxes and maintain dumpster area back of the store.
- Stores merchandise at the direction of the Retail Manager
- Keeps the shop clean, orderly and attractive by performing light housekeeping such as vacuuming, dusting and emptying wastebaskets.
- Follows procedures for opening and closing the shop.
- Helps to keep safe walkways and paths in the store and storage areas by clearing walkways, removing boxes from elevator, straightening merchandise on shelves and racks.
- Follows all agency and OSHA guidelines for safety.
- Perform handyman tasks such as assemble, install and repair store fixtures, racks and other items as requested by the Retail Manager.
- Participate in ongoing regular training to sort and price merchandise and perform cashier duties, but will only perform these functions when there is a shortage of volunteers to perform them
- Attend departmental and company meetings as required
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with a disability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
- 18 years of age or more
- Clean driving record
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull a minimum of 75 lbs. for extended periods of time
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Proficiency with tools to perform simple handyman jobs
- Ability to work politely with volunteers, paid staff and customers
- Ability to complete routine tasks and special requests
- Good verbal skills; English proficiency required, bilingual-Spanish skills helpful
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours
- Computer proficiency in internet, email, and Microsoft Office a plus
- English proficiency required; Spanish bi-lingual skills a plus
- OSHA compliant, practices safety in physical exertion
- Organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and willingness to learn new tasks
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Lifting, climbing
- Standing, walking or otherwise moving for 6-8 hours per day
- Going up and down stairs, ramps and ladders
- Pushing/pulling carts loaded with merchandise on flat surfaces and up and down ramp
- Kneeling or squatting to pick up item, or to clean or fix items.
- Repetitive motion activity required
Email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org