** This is as new position. Physician will work between our health center locations in La Grange and Riverside. We are excited to announce a new medical office building will be opening summer 2024! **
Primary care physicians at Pillars Community Health practice in an integrated health care setting, utilizing resources within the practice and external continuum of care resources to address patient care issues from an evidence-based approach to medicine. Integrated health services include dentistry, behavioral health, substance abuse, counseling, and nutrition counseling.
Practice includes identification and treatment of illness or problems that are complex and potentially life threatening, requiring skills acquired in successful completion of residency in the field of family practice with experience and competencies in routine pre- and post-natal care (high risk referred to Maternal Fetal Medicine and labor and delivery services performed by referral provider).
The provider will recognize their own capabilities and utilize the skills and special knowledge of consultants and other community resources as appropriate. Pillars Community Health physicians will not turn any patient away and will support the organization in its effort to remove the barriers to high-quality and compassionate healthcare that low-income and uninsured or underinsured populations can face.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Principles of Practice:
- Provide continuing and comprehensive medical care, health maintenance and preventive services to each patient regardless of sex, age, or type of problem, be it biological, behavioral, or social.
- Physician is involved in counseling, patient education, diagnosis, and treatment of acute and chronic illnesses in an outpatient
- Serve as each patient’s advocate in all health-related matters, including the appropriate use of consultants, health services, and community resources, depending on patient’s benefits, insurance or other payor status or plan
- Collaborate with other health professionals in and out of Pillars Community Health as
- Work with clinical staff to secure medications for patients at the lowest possible cost, including, but not limited to, facilitating access to free medications through pharmacy assistance program (430b Prescription drug program).
- Required to provide appropriate documentation of the patient encounters as well as provide accurate coding for billin
Scope of Practice:
- Screen and assess patients
- Take medical histories
- Prepare patient summaries
- Perform both noninvasive and invasive physical exams
- Collect specimens through both invasive means (e.g., biopsy) and noninvasive means (e.g., throat culture)
- Order laboratory studies
- Diagnose disease, injuries, or other ailments
- Routine antepartum care
- Routine post-partum care
- Advise, counsel, and instruct patients on health care treatment and prevention
- Review and record information in patient records
- Devise and implement patient-management
- Monitor and determine the effectiveness of chosen health care interventions
- Guide patients for admission to hospitals as per medical condition
- Referral and consultation with Maternal Fetal l Medicine and Obstetrical Physicians
- Develop and initiate medical treatment regimens or protocol
- Initiate or change orders on patients ‘ charts in the clinic
- Initiate and administer or order the administration of other patient therapies (e.g., physical therapy or visits with a nutritionist)
- Prescribe and administer or order the administration of patient medications (includes controlled and non-controlled substances)
- Perform surgical and other invasive procedures as well as noninvasive procedures as per individual provider privileges
- Bladder Catheterization
- Care of Uncomplicated Fractures
- Cerumen removal
- EKG Interpretation
- Foreign body removal
- IUD Placement and Removal
- Joint Aspiration
- PAP smear
- Punch Biopsy
- Wart removal
- Wound I & D
- Wound Suture/Management
- Removal of Skin Lumps & Bumps
- Incisional Biopsy
- Excisional Biopsy
- Application of Fluoride Varnish Nebulization
- Toenail removal
- Nexplanon Insertion
- Nexplanon removal
- Endometrial biopsy
NOTE: The above procedures are within the scope of practice at Pillars Community Health. Physicians must be privileged to perform any or all of these procedures. Procedures not on this scope of practice shall not be performed at Pillars Community Health.
- Refer patients to other health care providers and agencies as
- Use of medical devices and equipment for the purpose of patient diagnosis, care, or monitoring as per individual provider privileges, including, but not limited to:
- Pulse Oximetry
- Strep Screen
- Urine Analysis
- Urine Pregnancy
- Wet Mount
- Rapid strep
- Rapid flu
- COVID antigen
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with a disability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Licensed to practice medicine in the State of Illinois
- Board certified M.D. or D.O. – family medicine
- At least 3-years of experience in a community health center – FQHC preferable
- Interest/experience in Medication Assisted Recovery (MAR) preferred.
- Experience working with Medicare population also helpful.
- Maintains compliance with health center immunization requirements (inclusive of COVID-19 vaccinations).
- Current CPR and DEA certifications and Medicaid and Medicare provider numbers required for credentialing and privileging.
- Demonstrated knowledge of healthcare, issues, trends, and other matters related to the delivery of care.
- Demonstrated strengths of personal integrity, self-confidence
- High practice ethics
- Demonstrated leadership skills and willingness to teach and train.
- Knowledge of quality improvement
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain appropriate credentials and clinical privileges at referral hospitals.
Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Must maintain a safe driving record and have current valid Illinois Driver’s License. Personal vehicle needed for transportation to/from Pillars Community Health sites. Mileage for authorized work-related purposes is reimbursable. Accessibility and mobility normally associated with practice of primary care medicine.
Email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org