Under general supervision of the VP of Patient & Client Services, performs a range of support assignments concerning determining eligibility for services, registration of patients for clinic services in accordance with agency eligibility requirements, registration of clients for other health assistance programs, scheduling of appointments and for maintenance of patient registration database and master patient list.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Addresses inquiries from patients and other persons about agency programs
- Schedules appointment for clients to register for clinical services and/or for other assistance programs
- Conducts intake appointments to determine eligibility for agency services in accordance with agency eligibility criteria and to obtain appropriate consents for treatment and authorizations for release of PHI – Protected Health Information -for either medical or dental
- Obtains and verifies all information and forms required to assure that eligibility requirements are met
- Inputs all patient registration data into database
- Becomes sufficiently knowledgeable in local health and community resources to provide direction to members, providers, etc. needing services outside program guidelines.
- Assists in the patient discharge process by sending notices to patients and clinics
- Assembles and mails member enrollment materials and re-enrollment notifications.
- Handles complaints and questions regarding enrollment, involving the VP of Patient & Client Services as the severity of the situation requires.
- Helps to produces reports regarding enrollment demographics, physician assignment, and other ad hoc requests.
- Provides accurate Spanish/English interpretation to applicants and patients needing such assistance and/or translation of written materials from English to Spanish as needed
- Maintains patient information and confidentiality in accordance with applicable laws and Agency policies
- Adheres to OSHA guidelines for a safe work environments
- Performs other duties as assigned by Patient Services Manager
Secret Santa Program
- Assists VP of Patient & Client Services with input and maintenance of eligible pediatric patient lists for the Secret Santa holiday giveaway (collaboratively operated through a local community group) and other agency support services as requested
- Helps to translate returned ‘wish-lists”
- Prepares letters, labels and other information for mailings
- Assists with special tasks as needed and as requested by VP of Patient & Client Services
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Strong Bilingual Spanish/English skills and ability to interpret with ease and accurately translate written material from English to Spanish
- Excellent verbal and telephone communication skills
- Friendly, helpful – smiles a lot
- Meets agency health and immunization requirements
- Familiarity with dental & or/medical terminology
- proficiency in computer (Microsoft Office) and EHR computer database skills – Open Dental and eClinical Works
- Analytical & Critical thinker
- English proficiency required
- Highly organized
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations using whole numbers, fractions, decimals
- Ability to work within and lead in a team environment
- Empathic and sensitive to patient needs
- Culturally and sensitive; embraces diversity
- Resourceful & AssertiveMobility: Local travel between sites to meetings and/or trainings required – normal accessibility and mobility through the sites navigating stairs, inclines, ramps, carpeted, smooth and rough surfaces. Lifting/carrying of objects up to 30 lbs.
Email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com