SUMMARY: Provides general reception support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. Provides support to the clinical support team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Completes the site’s opening and closing procedures.
- Greets and directs visitors and clients.
- Checks clients in.
- Receives and counts money from clients, enters the payment into Cash Box/Psych consult and prints client’s receipt.
- Maintains a clean and orderly reception/waiting area.
- Follows the walk-in protocol when clients request screening/intake.
- Follows the coverage protocol in absence of site support staff.
- Answers telephones and directs the caller to the appropriate person
- Maintains Psychiatrist’s schedule of appointments. Pulls charts on client’s appointment day. Prepares client forms for Psychiatrist.
- Schedules appointments in Psych Consult for individual, groups, family, etc.
- Confirms Psychiatric appointments with clients the day before the appointment.
- Follows the Crisis protocol when requested by clinician or staff.
- Contacts clients to cancel appointments or group meetings.
- Relays messages from shelter staff to Sexual Assault clinicians and Advocates. Records information on agency log.
- Reserves office space based on the schedules of site staff.
- Verifies Medicaid eligibility in the HFS Medi system.
- Performs data entry and administrative support for Addictions services and other programs as needed.
- Operates office machines; such machines include the telephone, typewriter, calculator, fax machine and copy machine. Contacts equipment vendors when maintenance is needed on printers and copiers.
- Sends office and kitchen supply requests to Executive Secretary to be ordered. Receives, stocks, and distributes supplies.
- Contacts Facilities Director or Site Manager when building maintenance or repairs are needed (inside or outside of the building).
- Facilitates safety drills and inspections; responsible for maintaining safety reports.
- Provides filing assistance to Clinical Support Staff as needed and as Front Desk coverage allows.
- Receives, sorts, and forwards incoming and outgoing mail.
- Performs other clerical duties, as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with a disability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
High School Diploma or equivalent (GED). At least two (2) years experience in medical office; prior reception experience in a behavioral health office setting preferred. Able to multi-task yet pay attention to detail. Good computer skills; working knowledge of MS-Office products. Strong interpersonal skills. Some experience with an Electronic Health Record.
Bilingual English/Spanish needed.
Monday –Thursday: 4pm – 9:15pm
Email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com