These are part-time/variable hour positions that respond to hotline calls in the evenings and on weekends from the crisis program. We are looking to hire several crisis counselors who can be available to respond in person to hotline calls during shifts (outlined below) .
Shifts include: Weeknights: 9 PM-7AM; Friday 9PM-9AM; Saturday: 9 AM- 9 PM and 9 PM – 9 AM; Sunday: 9AM-9PM and 9PM-7AM.
SUMMARY: Participates in an on-call schedule to provide crisis intervention to clients, assessing for inpatient mental health hospitalization. Crisis services are provided within the community, on-site of the crisis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide crisis intervention services in person or by telephone to police, school and hospital personnel, and community residents dealing with crisis situations. This includes referrals as well as diagnostic assessment and crisis intervention services.
- Conduct emergency on-site assessments of clients to determine the need for inpatient psychiatric hospitalization.
- Assess and stabilize high risk individuals and/or families.
- Provide on-site assessment within 90 minutes.
- Maintain records in accordance with agency policies and complete required outcomes protocols.
- Participate in all mandatory training sessions.
- Meets with supervisor a minimum of once per month to discuss crisis situations. Supervisors are available to consult during on call shifts and as needed to debrief.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with a disability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Master’s degree in Counseling, Psychology, Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy or related degree. Related experience should include work with adults, children and adolescents, crisis intervention, assessment, case management, brief treatment, and home and community-based interventions. Ability to work as part of a team and collaborate with consumers, referrals sources, and other community providers is absolutely essential.
Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred but not required.
Must maintain a safe driving record and have current valid Illinois Driver’s License. Personal vehicle needed for transportation to/from home and community-based interventions. Mileage for authorized work-related purposes is reimbursable.
Email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com