The financial analyst is responsible for analyzing business data to create information to be used by management to make decisions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Perform a variety of independently technical and analytical functions in the areas of budgetary analysis and financial management
- Conduct financial, statistical, and analytical assessments, including financial modeling, revenue/cost forecasting, and risk/return analysis; and prepare and assist in the preparation and reporting of financial reports
- Responsible for designing and generating various company reports and financial analytics that focus on cost, utilization, trends, and ad hoc requirements
- Provide revenue cycle and fee for service payment analysis
- Contribute to the preparation of financial reporting (e.g., board reports, departmental reports, and regulatory reports such as UDS and Cost Reports)
- Support internal and external audits as needed
- Prepare ad hoc analysis and benchmarking including analyzing raw financial data as well as compiling reports, graphs, and presentations
- Develop and maintain various financial models used to support decision making
- Develop, analyze, and communicate the key metrics of departmental performance
- Support the creation and maintenance of budgets and forecasts
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The required skills listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with a disability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field required. 3-5 years forecasting and budgeting experience required.
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates initiative and adaptability.
- Ability to work as team player
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to various audiences
- Must be skilled at manipulating and analyzing complex data sets, systems, and processes
- Exceptional computer literacy, including but not limited to accounting software systems (preferably MIP), spreadsheet applications (Excel, Access), & MS Office
Email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org