The Electronic Health Record Specialist plans, implements, maintains, and provides technical support and training for the Electronic Health Record and EHR-related packages, eClinical Works (“eCW) for the Federally Qualified Health Center (“FQHC”) and Qualifacts CareLogic the Behavioral Health Line of Service. The specialist will be the in-house expert for EHR related projects, including properly configuring the systems, and building custom forms, and reports.
Electronic Health Record Management:
- Conduct a workflow analysis, offer implementation roadmaps, and define optimization strategies related to population health, care plans, data warehouse, patient/client registries, chronic disease template and use of smart forms.
- Conduct needs assessment and troubleshoot issues that arise during use of the electronic health record before and after upgrades, bug or patch fixes between upgrades, patient/client safety issues, issues that arise for end user related to logins, open/close notes, use of forms, module performance as related to clinical decision support and referrals, smart forms, chart notes, and recommend specific solutions as needed based support from eClinical Works (eCW), Medical Advantage Group (MAG), alternate methods and/or procedures, changes in processing methods and practices, or redesign of processes and workflow
- Provide ongoing E.H.R. application support preferably in person or by phone for clinical, non-clinical and administrative staff and troubleshooting and closing helpdesk tickets.
- Troubleshoot practice management (billing, scheduling, claims, and clinical health record) and patient/client safety notices and issues and sees through to full resolution.
- Provide a high level of attention to detail and consultative service skills with interactions of staff and vendors.
- Participate in development of training plan for new full- and part-time clinic staff and support staff during upgrades and onboarding.
- Responsibility for problem solving, assessing processes and issues, and collaborating with staff and providers to develop solutions resulting in efficient and functional workflows for end users of our software application.
- Participate in regular and systematic review of security risk in accordance with the requirements under 45 CFR 164.308(a)(1), implement security updates as necessary, and correct identified security deficiencies as part of risk management process.
- Execute scripts, run reports for Continuous Quality Improvement Committee, Risk Management, Patient Centered Medical Home, Billing, Finances and/or other ad hoc reports.
- Support implementation of patient/client portal and secure messaging in the portal applications
- Refers issues that require additional assistance to IT Help Desk, or EHR vendor(s) support team.
- Acts as project manager for all EHR related projects such as implementations and upgrades.
- Ensures proper data integration with population health overlay and between EHR systems.
- Act as the lead trainer in a train-the-trainer model for the EHR systems.
- Prioritizes enhancement, change, and reporting requests.
- Maintains proper user control by adding new users and deactivating users, as necessary.
- Works with designated leadership staff to activate and deactivate providers’ licenses for the E.H.R.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient/client and employee information.
- Develops processes to increase system adoption and streamline patient/client care.
- Generates, designs and implements new forms, and reports as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with a disability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field required.
At least three (3) years of experience as an administrator with electronic health records (EHR) required; experience with “eClinical Works” and/or “Qualifacts CareLogic” systems strongly preferred. At least (3) years of experience providing technical support to staff in the operation, maintenance, and installation of computer systems. Experience supporting large scale user clinical environments also required.
Experience with custom reporting is required; prior experience with SQL reporting is preferred. At least 6 months of experience training new users of an E.H.R. system required.
Non-Profit and/or FQHC experience required.
Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) coding is preferred with general knowledge of mapping to meet billing requirements (both paper and electronic)
Email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com