*** This is a 3rd shift position at a Domestic Violence Shelter working 3 days and 25 hours per week. ***
To oversee the overnight safety of residents of Constance Morris House and to provide support services to the domestic violence program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Keeps statistics on client-related documentation according to agency policy and program funding source’s requirements.
- Produces statistical reports based upon the time-lines demanded by funding sources.
- Provides administrative support such as billing, submits data through the info-net, data entry, filing, preparing client files for the shelter, etc.
- Provides crisis intervention, information and referral via 24-hour domestic violence telephone crisis-line.
- Answers 24-hour sexual assault hotline, transfers calls to the designated hotline volunteer or back-up advocate and documents the calls on the sexual assault hotline log as required.
- Provides in-person crisis intervention to shelter residents and address conflicts among residents if needed.
- Documents in-person and telephone interactions with clients and their collaterals in accordance with agency/program policy, which includes residential intake form and progress notes.
- Assists shelter residents in addressing their concrete or basic needs (after office hours) of providing personal items, transportation and/or making telephone calls; enforces shelter agreements as needed.
- Attends and participates in staff training sessions and monthly staff meetings. Completes required departmental and agency training (in person or online).
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
At least six (6) months of direct service with clients in Domestic Violence, Trauma,
Sexual Assault, Addictions, or related life crises is required.
40 hour Illinois Domestic Violence Training required
At least six (6) months of administrative experience is required.
Prior experience with statistical reporting is also required. Computer experience also is required.
Experience working third shift or in a residential program is an asset.
A special interest in working with women and children is desirable. Ability to balance job responsibilities as a team player with the ability to work independently. Ability to perform competently in a crisis situation.