The Dental Hygienist provides direct dental clinical care in the areas of oral hygiene, patient education, screenings, scaling and planning, and provides collaborative training to Dental Assistants under the leadership of the Chief Dental Officer. Works as a proponent of oral health care goals for the organization and ensures delivery of integrated oral health care.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides patient care consistent with scope of practice, organizational position requirements and professional standards of care.
- Develops treatment plans and provides delivery of relevant, high-quality care within scope of practice.
- Performs quality oral health care that meets or exceeds: the needs and satisfaction of patients served, departmental clinical goals and related expectations; and productivity standards
- Minimizes risk and exposure to the organization by monitoring trends, diffusing potential issues, assisting with coaching staff, ensuring compliance with clinical protocols, and quality assurance guidelines.
- Cleans, sterilizes and maintains hygiene equipment as appropriate
- Collaborates with all clinic operations functions to ensure ongoing improvements and clinic productivity, patient satisfaction and financial outcomes.
- Ensures all patient records, charts and all related documentation maintained are current and consistent with best practices in the health care field as well as within all relevant laws and regulations and company guidelines.
- Maintains patient records for treatment administered.
- Maintains patient information and confidentiality in accordance with applicable laws and PCH policies
- Maintains positive working relationships with dental providers, dental support, patient services representatives and other PCH team members.
- Promotes oral health through PCH education programs
- Participate in PCH in-services and trainings.
- Maintains licensure in the state of Illinois
- Maintains level of CDEs required for licensure and submit verification to credentialing department
- Adheres to OSHA guidelines for a safe work environment
- Follows all rules required to comply with confidentiality and HIPAA policies.
- Complies with all applicable laws, including but not limited to medical records laws, HIPAA, OSHA, billing and coding laws and regulations, and the corporate compliance program of Pillars Community Health
- Adheres to Pillars Community Health Center guidelines related to Radiation Safety, Infection Control, Patient Safety and customer service.
- Complies with applicable laws and regulations, licensing requirements and Pillars Community Health Compliance Program
- Assists with patient interpretation as requested
- Participates in continuing professional development to keep informed of clinical practices
- Participates in department and clinical meetings performance improvement and quality initiatives as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with a disability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate degree from an American Dental Association (ADA) Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA)-accredited dental hygiene program.
- Licensed to practice dental hygiene in the State of Illinois.
- At least 1-year clinical experience
- Holds certification to deliver local anesthesia preferred
- Current CPR certification
- Knowledge of electronic health records, ECW preferred
- Must meet Pillars Community Health credentialing and privileging requirements
- Expertise related to trends and issues, laws and regulations associated with delivery of oral healthcare services
- Practices quality improvement and upholds ethical practices
Bilingual (English/Spanish) fluency required
Some local and short, driving-distance travel required for travel to other PCH/community sites, meetings, trainings, conferences, etc. Accessibility and mobility normally associated within a dental practice.
Email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org