Participates in a rotating on-call schedule to provide crisis intervention to clients, assessing for inpatient psychiatric hospitalization. Crisis services are provided within the community and on-site of the crisis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide crisis intervention services in person or by telephone to police, school and hospital personnel, and community residents dealing with crisis situations. This includes referrals as well as diagnostic assessment and crisis intervention treatment.
- Conduct emergency on-site assessments of clients to determine the need for inpatient psychiatric hospitalization.
- Assess and stabilize high risk individuals and/or families.
- Provide on-site assessment within 90 minutes.
- Participate in a rotation schedule with all other mobile crisis response therapists assigned to the team. Typically four 7 hour shifts per week, M-F. (7am-2pm or 2pm-9pm)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with a disability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Master’s degree in Counseling, Psychology, Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy or related degree. Related experience should include work with adults, children and adolescents, crisis intervention, assessment, case management, brief treatment, and home and community-based interventions. Ability to work as part of a team and collaborate with consumers, referrals sources, and other community providers is absolutely essential.
- Ability to work as part of a team and collaborate with consumers, referrals sources, and other community providers is absolutely essential.
- Ability to relate to a diverse population
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bi-lingual: Spanish-speaking, reading, writing skills preferred
LANGUAGE Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills required for 1 of the 2 positions.
OTHER Must maintain a safe driving record and have current valid Illinois Driver’s License. Personal vehicle needed for transportation to/from home and community-based interventions. Mileage for authorized work-related purposes is reimbursable.
Email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com