The Community Support- Adult Counselor is responsible for providing Community Support Services and Group services to a caseload of adults with serious mental illness to help support and build a healthier, more productive and independent lifestyle.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide Community Support Services to adults in their homes and/or in their communities.
- Provide transportation to and from activities as a part of the therapeutic plan.
- Work with client’s therapists if applicable to identify needs, goals, and activities that will benefit the client.
- Conducts initial home visits/ phone calls with clients to explain the Community Support Adult program and gain information about the clients and their needs.
- Maintain client records as needed to maintain compliance with agency policies and complete required outcome protocols while establishing productivity standards.
- Complete Mental Health Assessments to formulate accurate diagnosis and comprehensive treatment interventions
- Develop and complete Treatment plans, as needed, relevant to client’s needs.
- Determine frequency and intensity of services for individual clients.
- Respond to clients needs outside of regular session times.
- Interacts with clients family members as needed.
- Provide consultation to agency staff regarding Community Support Adult Services as needed.
- Coordinate and run Community Support Groups as needed.
- Attend weekly supervision sessions and consultation groups
- Attends agency meetings, in-service trainings, workshops, conferences, etc. when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with a disability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Master’s degree in Counseling, Psychology, Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy or a related field is required. Training in or experience working with serious mentally ill adults. Attention to detail and capacity to work independently is essential.
Must maintain a safe driving record and have current valid Illinois Driver’s License. Personal vehicle needed. Staff will transport clients and their belongings in his/her personal vehicle. Mileage for authorized work-related purposes is reimbursable.
Bilingual (English/Spanish) required.
Email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com