Responsible for completing transactions and opening and closing cases. Focuses on billing input. Monitors client payment allocation for accuracy and makes recommendations for changes to the system fee matrix and other billing procedures as required. Follows up with clinical staff on the status of scheduled transactions and incomplete clinical documentation. Verifies client’s electronic case record (i.e. demographic information, assignment, insurance coverage and fee). Ensures that at month’s end all transactions have been entered and completed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Opens and closes client cases in electronic health record
- Completes transactions daily to prepare for billing.
- Scans documents into electronic health record
- Schedules new transactions daily.
- Monitors and follows up on hanging transactions each month.
- Trouble shoots transactions and electronic case record problems
- Participates in regularly scheduled support team meetings
- Greets and directs clients and visitors
- Verifies benefits in the HFS Medi system and commercial sites as needed.
- Provides administrative support for the psychiatry program.
- Maintains familiarity with each site’s front desk responsibilities. Provides back-up coverage for Support and Reception staff at any Pillars site, as needed.
- Assists with data entry, filing, copying, and other general office tasks, as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with a disability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
- Knowledge of billing rules and procedures
- Ability to multi-task
- Working knowledge of MS-Office products.
- Windows 9x experience
- Able to communicate with all levels of staff
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- Good follow through
- Ability to work as a team member
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or equivalent (GED). 1-2 years of medical billing or related experience required.
Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) skills required.
SCHEDULE: M-F: 8:30-5 pm
Email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com