40-Hour Sexual Assault Crisis Intervention Training
Become a volunteer and learn how to provide help and support to sexual assault victims and their families.
Attend Pillars Community Health’s 40-hour training and become a volunteer by learning how to provide medical or legal advocacy to sexual assault victims and their families. You will learn:
- Rape culture and the effects of rape
- Emergency room procedures
- Legal rights for victims
- How to help victims in a crisis
- And more
This training will prepare you for working on our Sexual Assault Hotline. Only two shifts per month required for a period of 12 months following the training. Calls can be taken from home.
Training Dates: Orientation on Wednesday, November 4, 6pm – 8pm.
- Friday November 6, 6pm – 9:15pm
- Wednesday November 11, 6pm – 9:15pm
- Friday November 13, 6pm – 9:15pm
- Wednesday November 18, 6pm – 9:15pm
- Friday November 20, 6pm – 8:30pm
- Wednesday December 2, 6pm – 8:30pm
- Friday December 4, 6pm – 9:15pm
- Wednesday December 9, 6pm – 9:15pm
- Friday December 11, 6pm – 9pm
- Monday December 14, 3pm – 5pm (IN-PERSON)
The one required in-person session will take place at Pillars Community Health’s La Grange Park office, 333 N. LaGrange Park, Suite 1, LaGrange, IL 60526. All other sessions will be held virtually.
Questions? Contact Saffiya Shillo at 708-995-3844.
This event is free to the general public and $100 for professional organizations. Limited space is available.
This training will be held online via Zoom.
Stay Connected with Our Community
We welcome the opportunity to keep you up to date on Pillars Community Health news and opportunities. To receive email updates, sign up below.