The Technical Support Specialist is responsible for providing technical assistance and problem resolution to computer system users. Responsibilities include all aspects of day to day IT operations including Repairs to hardware and software systems, Telephony, Website, Intranet, Data and IT equipment security, and Employee Learning Management System.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Conducts onboarding and out processing of users – including phone system and elearning
- Promptly addresses IT tickets maintaining service level agreement (SLA) response time standards.
- Provides outstanding customer service to all internal and external users.
- Conducts maintenance of user profiles including remote access permissions and password security.
- Maintains inventory of all IT equipment including sign out sheets for laptops and cell phones.
- Issues and deactivates key cards.
- Maintains computer peripherals; Printers, scanners, speakers etc.
- Opens and follows up on work tickets with IT, Telephone, and EHR service vendors.
- Works with the EHR specialist to resolve computer related issues.
- Coordinates operational relationships with all IT partners.
- Maintains content and functionality of intranet site.
- Moves/Installs hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, printers, etc. as needed.
- Orders new equipment and coordinates installation with service vendors as necessary
- Maintains course curriculum in Employee Learning Management System
- Monitors email for blocked, inappropriate/commercial emails.
- Acts as technical liaison to system vendors (Darts, Infonet, etc.)
- Trains staff on system use.
- Maintains Active Directory Including User management and Security Group Management
- Conducts IP Phone system management
- Conducts Office 365 management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with a disability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or equivalent required. 3-6 months experience in a help desk IT support environment required or equivalent combination of coursework/training and experience.
Must maintain a safe driving record and have current valid Illinois Driver’s License and vehicle. Personal vehicle required for travel to all agency sites. Mileage for authorized work-related purposes is reimbursable.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds of office equipment.
- Training and demonstrated experience in the specific service area.
- Demonstrated capacity to work as part of a team.
- Demonstrated customer service skills – particularly in communicating technical information to non-technical users
Email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org