The Senior Vice President serves as the Section 330 Program Director, leads all Section 330 grant projects and is responsible for the Section 330 program compliance and other health center program compliance. The Senior Vice President is responsible for the strategic direction and overall operations and performance of the Health Center and works collaboratively with the Health Center Clinical leadership on patient care and patient outcomes and works across the PCH service lines on joint or integrated care operations. The Senior Vice President represents the Health Center and keeps the Board appropriately updated on Health Center activities at Board meetings and Board committee meetings.
General Responsibilities of Senior Leadership Team members
- Serves as integral member of Pillars Community Health executive leadership team to provide overall management of the organization
- Provide effective and inspiring leadership
- Contributes to development and implementation of Pillars Community Health’s strategic goals, objectives and sustainability
- Demonstrates and promotes leadership values of honesty, trust, accountability and collaboration
- Demonstrates and promotes open line of communication, keeping CEO and management team informed of all critical issues
- Works collaboratively with other management team members to leverage cross- program strengths and integration of services, to take advantage of new opportunities and to address organizational challenges
- Promotes culture of high performance and continuous improvement by, among other things,
- Remaining current on industry best practices related to areas of responsibility and improving internal systems with eye towards future needs and within budget parameters
- Participating in the development of, and monitoring of, key performance indicators and performance improvement initiatives
- Instilling a coaching/mentoring culture to further develop organizational leadership and succession and promote accountability
- Demonstrates in self and promotes cultural competence and diversity, open-mindedness, mutual respect and inclusiveness
- Actively commit to the value of supporting a diverse work force reflecting the diversity of our communities, consumers and stakeholders.
- Ensuring activities within area of direct responsibility, and leadership management in general, operates ethically and within parameters of Pillars Community Heath mission, vision and standards of conduct
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities
Section 330 Program Director
- Works closely with and under direction of CEO, fulfilling all regulatory and operations requirements of the Section 330 Program Director
- Direct responsibility with direct reports for assuring program compliance, scope of services, appropriate hours of operation and locations, quality assurance and risk management, data management and operational site visits.
- Shared responsibility with CEO, CFO and/or VP of Grants for assuring needs assessments are performed, sliding fee discount program, billing and collections, collaborations, contracts and affiliations, budgetary oversight and filing of required grant applications, renewals and reports.
- Shared responsibility with Chief Medical Officer, Chief Behavioral Health Officer and Chief Dental Officer to assure appropriate credentialing, privileging and peer review activities per HRSA and other regulatory requirements and the Health Center policies and procedures.
- Works closely with the CEO and the CFO to ensure compliance, participation in Medicaid and Medicare, FTCA, NHSC and 340B programs.
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of the health center and the implementation of all applicable Federal and organizational requirements.
- Works closely with management staff to ensure the creation and maintenance of all necessary documentation
- Serves on Health Center’s leadership, quality, risk management and Corporate Compliance Committees to assure ongoing compliance with federal grant requirements and applicable regulations
- Attends Board meetings and Board committee meetings and regularly reports to the Board concerning Section 330 grants and operations.
Health Center Operations
- Overall responsibility for strategic direction and the day-to-day operations of the Health Center, particularly Section 330 CHC and HCH program compliance.
- Oversees health center hours, registration hours, patient appointment schedules, and employee schedules to assure Pillars Community Health is achieving access required in Board adopted health center plan
- Working with VP of Revenue Cycle management, assures implementation of effective patient registration processes to assure health center services are available to community regardless of ability to pay and to assure implementation of agency sliding scale discount and other payment protocols.
- Working with VP of Community Engagement, oversees outreach and in-reach efforts of the health center to assure patient access to and awareness of health center services.
- With CEO and CFO/Finance team assures systems are in place to collect and report on all financial, operations and budget goals, productivity standards, goals and expectations and financial metrics associated with efficient, cost effective delivery of health care services
- Serves as Quality Improvement leader and assists Chief Medical Officer, Chief Dental Officer, Chief Behavioral Health Officer and Directors with implementation of Quality Programs,
- including collection of quality assurance and improvement data including but not limited to patient satisfaction data, incident reporting, chart auditing, and resolution of patient grievances.
- Leads Health Center CQI meetings and activities, development, implementation and oversight of the health center Quality, Risk and Peer Review Plan, trainings and calendar of activities
- Oversee health center activities related to the development, implementation, maintenance of, and adherence to the Pillars Community Health’s policies and procedures related to the privacy and security of, and access to patients’ protected health information (PHI) in compliance with federal and state laws and practices.
- With CEO and Senior Executive Vice President, develops and maintain effective risk management program
- Serve as the Health Center Risk Manager (as that position is detailed in the Health Center Risk Management Policy)
- Works with Chief Medical, Behavioral and Dental Officers to resolve patient grievances and assess claims risks in accordance with Pillars Community Health policies and procedures
- Assure compliance with medical and dental records management policies and effective adoption, implementation of use of electronic health records systems.
- Directly supervises
- Dental Director
- Chief Behavioral Health Officer
- Vice President of Health Center Operations
- Health Center Outreach Coordinator
- Administrative Assistant(s)
- Participate in agency in-services and training on personnel management
- Recommend for hire, supervise and evaluate staff in accordance with agency policies and procedures
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with a disability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Health Administration, Public Health, Business, or another related field required. Master’s degree preferred. 3-5 years of experience working in Administration-Leadership within a FQHC required. Experience must have included oversight and management of HRSA Grants, 340B, FTCA Coverage, and working with a FQHC Revenue Cycle process and systems. Prior E.H.R. experience also required, preferably with EClinial Works (ECW). Experience providing supervision to leadership, direct service, and support staff of a FQHC is also required.
Mobility: Local travel among sites and to community events and functions, trainings, etc. Normal accessibility and mobility through the sites navigating stairs, inclines, ramps, carpeted, smooth and rough surfaces. Lifting/carrying of objects up to 30 lbs.
Email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com