This senior level position is responsible for the direction and facilitation of Pillars Community Health behavioral health and community based clinical services and programs including: The Outpatient Mental Health, Mobile Crisis Response/Crisis, Access and Referral, Substance Use Disorders and Community Support Services. Ensures the sound implementation of Pillars Community Health’s mission, initiatives, and change necessary to adapt to, improve, and grow the clinical and quality of care of the changing healthcare, behavioral health and social service environments for Pillars Community Health’s client population.
General Responsibilities of Senior Leadership Team Members
- Serves as integral member of Pillars Community Health executive leadership team to provide overall management of the organization.
- Provide effective and inspiring leadership.
- Contributes to development and implementation of Pillars Community Health’s strategic goals, objectives and sustainability.
- Demonstrates and promotes leadership values of honesty, trust, accountability and collaboration.
- Demonstrates and promotes open line of communication, keeping CEO and management team informed of all critical issues.
- Works collaboratively with other management team members to leverage cross – program strengths and integration of services, to take advantage of new opportunities and to address organizational challenges.
- Promotes culture of high performance and continuous improvement by, among other things,
- Remaining current on industry best practices related to areas of responsibility and improving internal systems with eye towards future needs and within budget parameters.
- Participating in the development of, and monitoring of, key performance indicators and performance improvement initiatives.
- Instilling a coaching/mentoring culture to further develop organizational leadership and succession and promote accountability
- Demonstrates in self and promotes cultural competence and diversity, open-mindedness, mutual respect and inclusiveness.
- Actively commit to the value of supporting a diverse work force reflecting the diversity of our communities, consumers and stakeholders.
- Ensuring activities within area of direct responsibility, and leadership management in general, operates ethically and within parameters of Pillars Community Heath mission, vision and standards of conduct.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and maintains a structure to manage and integrate services and programs.
- Maintains appropriate range of services based upon industry standards, clinical practices, and evidence-based practices and/or best business practices.
- Participates with the Senior Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer Program Vice Presidents in developing the operating budgets for the service areas and for maintaining specific service area components or programs within specified budgetary limits.
- Hire mid-level management staff appropriate to meet the needs of the service areas. Actively commit to the value of supporting a diverse work force reflecting the diversity of our communities, consumers and stakeholders.
- Provide administrative support, supervision and consultation to leadership teams in each of the program’s areas.
- Manage cross-functional teams, including clinical and support functions to ensure efficient and effective workflows and outcomes.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of CQI program that sets standards to support excellence in service delivery, responsiveness to community needs, enhanced understanding of community needs and commitment to the mission of the organization.
- Participate in regularly scheduled meetings of the Leadership team to provide strategic leadership and management of the agency to ensure that Pillars Community Health’s mission, core values and operational plans are effectively put into practice.
- Works closely with the Chief Behavioral Health Officer, the Chief Medical Officer and Chief Dental Officer of the Health Center to assure effective integration of medical, oral and behavioral health services across service lines
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include hiring and training new staff; planning, assigning, and directing work; evaluating performance, providing coaching and development, addressing concerns and resolving problems, and managing employee time cards and PTO requests.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and or ability required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Master’s degree in Counseling, Psychology, Clinical Social Work, Behavioral Health Services, Marriage and Family Therapy or related field.
Clinical License Required (LCSW/LCPC/LMFT).
Minimum of 5 years in a leadership role, and 3-5 years working as a supervisor in a community mental health setting.
Email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org