The Staff Accountant is responsible for general accounting functions including preparing journal entries, assisting in month-end close, bank reconciliations and account analysis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Process all agency cash receipts and ensures all related activities for processing are maintained.
- Reconciliation of agency bank accounts.
- Prepare analysis of accounts as requested.
- Monitor bank account for anomalies and alerts management.
- Process credit card expenses.
- Assist with month-end and year-end closings.
- Assist with the preparation and coordination of the audit process.
- Creates and maintains various excel spreadsheets used by accounting staff and others.
- Assists with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The required skills listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with a disability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field required. 4-6 years related professional experience required.
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates initiative and adaptability.
- Ability to work as team player
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Solid knowledge of non-profit accounting principles.
- Exceptional computer literacy, including but not limited to accounting software systems (preferably MIP), spreadsheet applications (Excel, Access), & MS Office.
Email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com