** Please note the duration of this position is through December 2021 in order to provide coverage to the team for a staff out on military leave. **
Responsible for providing services to clients in the supported employment program, with off-site requirements such as job coaching and job development. Assists consumers with obtaining and maintaining employment that is consistent with their vocational goals and recovery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES includes the following:
- Accepts referrals for supported employment services.
- Engages consumers and establishes trusting, collaborative relationships directed toward the goal of competitive employment in integrated job settings.
- Carries out all phases of vocational service, including engagement, assessment, job search, and follow-along supports.
- Facilitates integration of rehabilitation and mental health services by meeting regularly with treatment team members to coordinate services.
- Ensures that no eligibility requirements are expected for participation such as job readiness, lack of substance abuse, no history of violent behavior, intellectual functions, and mild symptoms.
- Provides ongoing vocational assessment on an ongoing process based on work experiences in competitive jobs.
- Responsible for searching for competitive employment rapidly after entry into program.
- Provides individualized job search based on client’s preferences and needs. Assists consumers in job development and job search activities directed toward positions that are consistent with the needs and interests of consumers.
- Assists in providing job options that are diverse and are in different settings.
- Assists consumers obtain competitive jobs, paying competitive wages.
- Provides individualized services to assist consumers in sustaining employment.
- Accesses accurate information on how work will affect a client’s benefits and income.
- Provides education and support to employer, as agreed upon by the consumer, which may include negotiating job accommodations and follow along contact with the employer.
- Spends at least 60% of direct service time in the community participating in job development activities and to engage and support consumers, family members, and employers.
- Responsible to deliver successful client placements as directed by Supervisor.
- Fulfills required goals for direct service hours as directed by Supervisor.
- Submits required documentation on a regularly scheduled basis including client rosters and notes that accurately describes services provided.
- Collaborates with referring clinicians at all points of client service and as needed for the successful integration of mental health and vocational rehabilitation services.
- Participates in all IPS program trainings as assigned by supervisor as well as required trainings from the agency.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with a disability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in mental health, social services, business, personnel management, or vocational services. Combination of education and experience in lieu of degree will be considered. At least one year of experience working with people with severe mental illness. Experience working with vocational services and job readiness are needed. Ability to work as part of a team and collaborate with consumers, referrals sources, and other community providers is absolutely essential.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Certified Recovery Support Specialist Certification with Employment Endorsement – “CRSS-E” obtained through the Illinois Certification Board is preferred but not required. Individuals currently working towards their CRSS are encouraged to apply
Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Valid Illinois Driver’s License required. Personal vehicle needed for transportation to/from client and community appointments. (Mileage for authorized work-related purposes is reimbursable).
Email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com