** This is a temporary FT position. **
Under the direct supervision of the VP of Health Center Operations and the Chief Medical Officer (CMO), the COVID-19 Testing Services Coordinator manages COVID-19 testing related activities such as testing, phone calls, patient schedules, and support staff schedules. Collaborates with CMO and VP of Operations in the planning and scheduling of testing services, the assessment of resources and supplies, and the communication across departments to ensure successful completion of the program goals. Works with CMO and VP of Operations to coordinate and oversee the testing sites, and the covid call center.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
With VP Operations or as delegated by the VP of Operations:
- Oversees the day-to-day COVID-19 testing operations across multiple testing sites. This includes scheduling, distributing and assigning work to non-clinical testing staff. Responsible for ensuring coverage at the testing site at all times.
- Triage the patients’ schedules and registration forms prior to test date to ensure accuracy.
- Ensures all stations at the testing site are ready to start on-time. This person is also the “time keeper”. They will alert staff about break and end times.
- Create accounts and appointments for patients who present to testing site without an appointment. This entails working with the Benefits and Enrollment Team to get eligibility done for these add-ons prior to leaving the testing site.
- Works with the clinical scriber to ensure all insurance and demographic information is populating in eCW correctly so that Lab Requisition forms may be printed at the testing site
- Alerts the Client Financial Services Coordinator and Team when there is an insurance payer that needs to be added to the eCW library
- Updates patient accounts in eCW
- Downloads pictures (ID/Driver’s license and Insurance cards) from testing site as needed
- Monitors patient registration forms at the testing site to ensure accuracy and update eCW
- Works with the Burr Ridge and Burbank facilities teams as needed
- Serves as a resource to all staff at the testing site
- Coordinates water and snacks to testing site as well as other non-clinical supplies needed
- Work with clinical staff – laptops at Burr Ridge
- making sure laptops are at testing sites
- Oversees the supply and storage of PPE at testing sites.
- Provides coverage at Stations (1) one and two (2) as needed.
COVID Call Center:
- Oversees daily tasks performed by COVID- 19 schedulers
- Monitors daily schedules to ensure staff are following scheduling rules
- Communicates with team (CMO, VP of Operations, Patient Services Representative Lead) as it relates to volume of visits scheduled
- Ensures all appointments are allocated to the correct provider
- Gathers all daily registration forms from eligibility team and brings to testing site
- Updates COVID registration forms as needed
- Assists with phone coverage as needed
- Creates the monthly schedule for COVID-19 schedulers
- Meets weekly/bi-weekly with Team to discuss challenges, changes, etc.
- Reviews Covid Voicemail Log and provides support to staff assisting with the log.
COVID-19 Testing and Infection Control Management:
- Provides direction, oversight, and leadership for all COVID-19 Testing.
- Monitors adherence to physical distancing, hygiene, and screening protocols.
- Assists with maintaining quality reports and spreadsheets for COVID-19.
- Performs INEDSS data entry for IDPH
Results and follow up
- Gathers and consolidate all COVID testing data into one general spreadsheet
- Assists with the analysis of COVID testing data as directed by the CMO or VP of Operations
- Performs other duties as assigned by CMO, or VP of Operations
- Adheres to OSHA guidelines and Pillars Community Health’s Emergency Preparedness Plan for a safe work environment
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with a disability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
- At least two years of work experience as a medical office manager, supervisor or lead in a project team.
- Previous experience at a Federally Qualified Health Center highly preferred
- Experience with EHR system – ECW preferred
- Experience having worked with medical office billing staff on patient insurance benefits and claim denials preferred.
- Meets agency health & immunization/vaccination requirements
English/Spanish fluency preferred
- Computer proficiency in internet and email, Microsoft Office software;
- Highly organized with ability to multi-task and willingness to learn new tasks
- Ability to run reports and perform basic mathematical computations using whole numbers, fractions, decimals
- Ability to analyze data and problem solve.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Resourceful & Assertive
- Abide by employee health and infection control guidelines.
- Strong ability to multi-task and work well in a fast-paced environment.
Email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org