The Community Support staff works with children/youth clients at Pillars Community Health who are living with mental illness to practice therapeutic goals in their home or community. The Community Support worker maintains close contact with a supervision member of the child and family team (therapist, caseworker, facilitator, etc.), as well as, the program Director and Case Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides transportation to and from activities as a part of the therapeutic plan for the child.
- Develops/uses existing community resources to further the goals of the treatment plan.
- Works with supervisors to identify activities that will further the child’s link to his/her community and support a transition to more naturalized community resources.
- Interacts with parents/guardians and other family members as indicated by the treatment plan.
- Completes all paperwork in a timely manner.
- Meets with supervisor at least once per month for an hour to discuss overall progress and development of cases.
- Participates in all mandatory training sessions.
- Participates in Child & Family Team meetings whenever possible.
- Follows emergency procedures.
- Complies with all confidentiality procedures.
- Completes all other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED). Bachelors and/or Masters Degree preferred. Must have at least two (2) years experience working with children. Must be at least 21 years of age (per DHS Title 59, part 132).
Must maintain a safe driving record and have current valid Illinois Driver’s License. Personal vehicle needed. Staff will transport clients and their belongings in his/her personal vehicle. Mileage for authorized work-related purposes is reimbursable.
Email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org