Provides treatment using brief intervention model such as but not limited to solution focused therapy, crisis intervention services and mental health assessment and treatment services to a caseload of clients primarily in in the community (homes/schools) or office depending on the needs of the clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide individual, family, or group therapy for brief treatment (3-6 months) to a caseload of clients as determined by program needs.
- Complete assessment using IM+CANS in order to formulate an accurate diagnosis and comprehensive treatment interventions to serve the identified client and family.
- Provide hospital monitoring, discharge planning and follow up services to help assess and stabilize high risk individuals and/or families.
- Work in collaboration with other agency programs and staff. Coordinate with other community agencies and organizations such as DCFS, schools, hospitals, other providers in the community.
- Provide services to facilitate an effective transition in living arrangement, consistent with the client’s welfare and development (e.g., a client being discharged from inpatient psychiatric care, transitioning to adult services, or a DCFS client moving from one placement to another or to his/her parent’s home).
- Provide intensive outreach in an attempt to engage clients who do not follow through with post discharge/deflection appointments.
- Provide case management services as defined in the service plan that coordinate, support, and advocate for clients who need multiple services and require assistance in gaining access to and in using mental health, social, vocational, educational, child welfare, and other community services and resources.
Must have knowledge and comfort working with children and adolescents. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with a disability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Master’s degree in Counseling, Psychology, Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy or related degree. Related experience should include work with adults, children and adolescents, crisis intervention, assessment, case management, brief treatment, and home and community based interventions. Ability to work as part of a team and collaborate with consumers, referrals sources, and other community providers is essential.
LANGUAGE Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills required for 1 of the 2 positions.
Email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com