Provides outpatient mental health assessment and treatment services to a caseload of clients in the office or in the community depending on the needs of the clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides individual, family, or group therapy to a caseload of clients as determined by program needs.
- Completes mental health assessments in order to formulate an accurate diagnosis and comprehensive treatment interventions to serve the identified client and family.
- Determines frequency, duration and intensity of treatment, and develops treatment plans.
- Assesses and stabilizes high risk individuals and/or families.
- Works in collaboration with other agency programs and staff.
- Coordinates with other community agencies and organizations such as DCFS, schools, hospitals, other providers in the community.
- Provides case management services as defined in the service plan that coordinate, support, and advocate for clients who need multiple services and require assistance in gaining access to and in using mental health, social, vocational, educational, child welfare, and other community services and resources.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with a disability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Master’s degree in Counseling, Psychology, Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy or related degree. Experience working with mentally ill children, adolescents and adults required. Training in and experience with a variety of evidence-based treatment models required. Ability to work as part of a team and collaborate with consumers, referral sources, and other community providers is essential.
Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills required (speaking, reading, writing).
Must maintain a safe driving record and have current valid Illinois Driver’s License and vehicle. Personal vehicle needed for transportation to/from community and home-based interventions. Mileage for authorized work-related purposes is reimbursable.
Email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com