Responsible for carrying out HR related duties in the areas of recruitment, employee/labor relations, performance management, benefits and leave administration, worker’s compensation and unemployment claims, and HRIS administration and compliance reporting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Determines strategy for recruiting positions in consultation with hiring supervisors, which includes job posts, sourcing and reviewing resumes, evaluation criteria, conducting initial phone screens, assisting with interviewing, reference checking, and job offers.
- Participates in career fairs, online job fairs, and community network events to identify and attract quality candidates.
- Plans and facilitates new hire orientation activities collaborating with the SVP of HR and HR team and program supervisors to ensure an effective training plan for all new hires.
- Administers the organization’s employee benefits programs, including medical, flexible spending accounts, dental and vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, retirement, and wellness benefits.
- Assists employees with benefits enrollment and questions, reviews all insurance billing, maintains employee database and benefit files.
- Partners with employees and supervisors to communicate various HR policies, procedures, laws, standards, and other government regulations.
- Provides performance management support to staff and supervisors. Monitors employee performance evaluations and ensures they are done in a timely manner.
- In conjunction with the SVP of HR, responds to and resolves employee and labor relations issues. Maintains working relationships with union representatives. Meets with union reps and members to gather information, address, and resolve any conflicts or grievances.
- Processes and administers all leave-of-absence requests for FMLA and non-FMLA leave.
- Responds to 401(k) inquiries relating to enrollments, plan changes and contribution amounts.
- Reviews benefits with employees and processes enrollment, cancellation or changes. Assists with annual open enrollment and election process within the HRIS.
- Ensures the accuracy of all benefits enrollments in the HRIS to provide carriers with accurate eligibility information. Enrolls employees with carriers and processes life status changes.
- Reports, maintains and monitors all workers’ compensation case files. Follows up on open cases. Maintains open communication with the claim’s adjuster and insurance broker throughout the life of the claim.
- Maintains the agency’s OSHA 300 log and prepares annual reports.
- Reviews and responds to unemployment claims with appropriate documentation. Reviews quarterly unemployment statements.
- Assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; assists with the maintenance of the employee handbook and the policies and procedures manual.
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the HR department and services performed.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with a disability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Management, or related field required. Equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- SHRM or HRCI certification preferred.
- Two to five years demonstrated experience as a HR Generalist required. Related experience must include recruitment, employee/labor relations, performance management, and benefit and leave administration.
- Experience in a Non-Profit setting strongly preferred.
- Prior experience using a HRIS and Applicant Tracking System required.
Bilingual (English/Spanish) required.
Email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org