To provide oral health care services to patients of Pillars Community Health within the Scope of Practice and in accordance with Pillars Community Health granted DDS privileges, under the general supervision of the Dental Director. Participates in and works to achieve Quality outcomes established by Pillars Community Health.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Direct Provision of Service
- Personally provide care to patients and provide the delivery of competent, accurate dental care and treatment to all patients as assigned and in accordance with the Pillars Community Health Scope of Practice guidelines, and within practice certifications and agency privileging, and within parameters of Illinois Dental Practice Act.
- Collaborate with all clinic operations functions to ensure ongoing improvements and clinic productivity, patient satisfaction and financial outcomes.
- Directly affect improvements in patient well-being through accurate and timely diagnosis, development of treatment plans and delivery of relevant, high quality care.
- Provide education to patients and their families about oral health, self-care and dental hygiene.
- Participates in telephone support for patients, including after-hours, as directed by Chief Dental Officer.
- Ensure all patient records, charts and all related documentation is maintained current and consistent with best practices in the health care field, in accordance with agency policies and, as well as within all relevant laws and regulations.
- Responsible for documentation and coding of patient care; records findings, and formulates and documents treatment plan based on patient’s condition.
- Maintains patient information and confidentiality in accordance with applicable laws and agency policies
Clinical Quality Performance
- Assists in the compilation of statistical data and patient outcomes for agency needs, as requested
- Participates in agency quality performance programs
- Helps to maintain safe and clean patient care environment
- Adheres to OSHA guidelines for safe work environment
- Complies with all applicable laws and regulations and Compliance Program of Pillars Community Health
Professional and Staff Development
- Participates in clinical staff meetings and updates on patient care management
- Participates in continuing professional development to keep informed of clinical practices and assimilates this knowledge into clinical practice
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Adheres to OSHA guidelines for a safe work environment
- Follows all rules required to comply with confidentiality and HIPAA policies
- Complies with all applicable laws, including but not limited to medical records laws, HIPAA, billing and coding laws, OSHA and the corporate compliance program of Pillars Community Health
- Attends all department, CQI and All Staff Meetings as assigned/required
- Complies with company vaccination policy
- Other duties that may be assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with a disability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
- Licensed to practice dentistry in the State of Illinois, DDS or DDM; minimum of 1-3 years clinical experience preferred
- Expertise related to trends and issues, laws and regulations associated with delivery of oral healthcare services
- Must meet Pillars Community Health credentialing and privileging requirements
- Knowledge of quality improvement, peer review and credentialing processes preferred;
- Ability to be clinically fluent in Spanish required
- CPR and DEA certifications
- Medicaid and Medicare provider numbers
- Knowledge of electronic health records, ECW preferred
Mobility: Some local travel between sites, to meetings and/or trainings required – normal accessibility and mobility through the sites navigating stairs, inclines, ramps, carpeted, smooth and rough surfaces. Lifting/carrying of objects up to 30 lbs.; pull-up, lift or assist patients.
Email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com