Under the general supervision of the Dental Services Supervisor, the DA provides skilled dental clinical support to assist the Dentist(s) and Hygienist(s) in the dental operatory. Assist with referrals, sets up operatory, sterilizes tools, sanitizes chairs and equipment according to standard, monitor patients during treatment, provides clerical, clinical and maintenance support for the effective functioning of the Dental Center; provides interpretation services between patient and provider(s) as necessary helping patients maintain and improve their oral health. Treats patients professionally and with dignity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides accurate Spanish/English interpretation for dentists, dental hygienists, and patients and translates written materials as needed
- Assists dentists with all dental procedures including surgery
- Constructs night guards
- Conducts patient education programs
- Distributes patient education materials, and explain treatment
- Cleans, sterilize and maintains dental equipment and operatories as appropriate
- Schedules appointments as necessary
- Participates in continuing professional development to keep informed of clinical practices
- Answers inquiries about dental services
- Performs general clerical duties
- Maintains patient information and confidentiality in accordance with applicable laws and agency policies
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum 18 years of age
- High School Graduate or GED equivalent
- Current Illinois Dental Assistant Certification – preferred
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Meets agency health and immunization requirements
- CPR certified
- conducting patient education: 1 year Preferred
- diagnose and treat acute, episodic or chronic mental illness: 1 year Preferred
- not-for-profit organization: 1 year Preferred
- translating written materials into English: 1 year Preferred
- community health center: 1 year Preferred
- CPR certified: 1 year Preferred
- providing accurate Spanish/English interpretation: 1 year Preferred
- cleaning, sterilizing and maintain dental equipment: 1 year Preferred
- OSHA guidelines: 1 year Preferred
- Chairside assistance.
- Coronal polishing – preferred
- Ability to communicate dental procedures and terminology to and with patients & dental professionals.
- Ability to work with a diverse range of personnel – protected classes of genders, races, religious backgrounds, socio-economic status, etc.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks from more than one person at a time.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, ECW or other EHR software).
- Demonstrate flexibility and “whatever-it-takes” attitude.
- Ability to read and interpret maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, Safety Data Sheets.
Email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com