Completes client intake screenings/assessments for access to agency programs such as but not limited to mental health, substance use disorder, sexual assault and domestic violence services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answers incoming intake calls. Returns intake messages within 24 hours.
- Completes intake screenings/assessments for Pillars Community Health programs currently part of centralized intake.
- Provides resources for callers that are not able to be served within Pillars Community Health’s Program and assists them in making community connections.
- Conducts initial benefit check for those who have Medicaid and Managed Medicaid plans.
- Gathers data according to department needs and inputs intake data into electronic department records.
- Maintains intake log and electronic client records in accordance with department policies.
- Outreaches to clients and maintains all logs and tracking systems according to department needs.
- Collaborates with other intake staff in processing client requests for service.
- Works in collaboration with all Directors and staff of Programs
- Works in collaboration with other agency programs and staff.
- Participates in agency meetings, in-services, monthly department meetings, and weekly staff meetings.
- Coordinates with other community agencies and organizations such as DCFS, schools, hospitals, and other providers in the community as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with a disability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in nursing, counseling, psychology, clinical social work, marriage and family therapy or related field. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree (ex. high school diploma with experience in providing mental health services).
At least six months experience in human services or equivalent combination of training and experience. Customer service experience required. Intermediate computer skills required.
Must be Bilingual (English/Spanish) and be able to communicate well verbally and in writing in both languages.
Seeking candidate with a positive, caring and compassionate attitude toward mental health and those with mental illness. Must also be able to problem solve and make quick decisions during intake calls.
Scheduling is based on needs of the department and includes some evening hours and may include Saturday hours, depending on need.
Email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com