Operates telephone system to relay incoming and interoffice calls throughout the agency. Assists with front desk reception coverage.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Answers telephones in a welcoming and helpful manner as the initial access point to the agency.
- Channels calls to proper personnel.
- Pages crisis workers to inform them of client crises.
- Understands the range of services/programs Pillars offers so as to direct callers to the appropriate person and/or program.
- Sensitive to the special needs of our aftercare and crises programs.
- Answers telephones and routes calls to proper personnel.
- Greets clients and visitors.
- Receives payments from clients and issues receipts for payment.
- Sensitive to the special needs of our aftercare and crisis programs.
- Assists with occasional mailings.
- Balances the day’s client payments and secures the cash box.
- Forwards incoming calls to after hour answering service.
- Assists with securing client files.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with a disability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or equivalent (GED). At least 1-2 years of related experience. Prior reception experience in a psychiatric office setting preferred.
Must be Bilingual (English/Spanish).
Email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com