** This is a new supervisory position to support the growth of our Behavioral Health program and new grant opportunities. **
Provides clinical supervision to Outpatient Mental Health therapists and Substance Use counselors in their day-to-day processes and job responsibilities. Provides outpatient mental health assessment and treatment services to a caseload of clients in the office or in the community depending on the needs of the clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises mental health therapists and substance use counselors, provides clinical support, supervision and consultation to support and broaden staff skill levels.
- Coordinates department coverage, reviews and approves staff time off, ensuring groups are covered and other issues as they arise. May provide coverage in absence of staff to ensure continuation of services.
- Monitors quality and compliance within electronic health record, with funding sources and administrative tasks.
- Orients and trains new and existing staff as needed.
- Will maintain a small outpatient mental health caseload; provides individual and group therapy/counseling to a caseload of clients as determined by program needs.
- Completes mental health assessments in order to formulate an accurate diagnosis and comprehensive treatment interventions to serve the identified client and family.
- Determines frequency, duration and intensity of treatment, and develops treatment plans.
- Assesses and stabilizes high risk individuals and/or families.
- Provides case management services as defined in the service plan that coordinate, support, and advocate for clients who need multiple services and require assistance in gaining access to and in using behavioral health, social, vocational, educational, child welfare, and other community services and resources.
- Supports Outpatient program leadership in engaging stakeholders to establish referral sources and enhance the outpatient programs based on identified community needs
- Ensures completion of all agency required paperwork and documentation for all clients.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with a disability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Master’s Degree in Counseling, Psychology, Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy or related field. LCPC/LCSW/LMFT required. CADC, CSADC or CAADC is highly preferred. Experience providing clinical and administrative supervision required. At least two (2) years of experience of direct service in substance use while using the ASAM Patient Placement Criteria.
Email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org