*** This is a new position joining the VP of HR, HR Generalist, and HR Assistant***
Responsible for managing the full life-cycle recruitment process for the organization. This includes determining the strategy for recruiting positions in consultation with hiring supervisors, which includes job posts, sourcing and reviewing resumes, evaluation criteria, conducting initial phone screens, assisting with interviewing, and reference checking. Promotes the organization to candidates and external service providers. Develops networks of people and processes to support a strong pipeline of qualified candidates.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Conducts meetings with hiring supervisors to discuss the open position, the ideal candidate, advertising venues and recruitment strategies and processes for the search.
- Works with hiring supervisors to develop and/or update job descriptions for open positions.
- Utilizes Applicant Tracking System to strategically place job postings on various recruitment sites in order to produce maximum results. Analyzes effectiveness of each site and adjusts methods as needed.
- Sources candidates via resume databases, search engines and networking sites
- Uses an appropriate mix of media to connect with talent communities (phone, email, social media, etc.).
- Participates in career fairs, online job fairs, and community network events to identify and attract quality candidates. Coordinates on-site hiring events with supervisors, as needed.
- Acts as a liaison with area employment and staffing agencies.
- Actively develops and engages in key recruiting strategies to meet diversity goals for the organization.
- Develops appropriate screening criteria and assesses resumes and applications, to pre-screen for hiring supervisors.
- Conducts initial phone screens to assess candidate skills, experience, salary requirements, availability and interest.
- Assists with interviewing candidates and checking references as needed by hiring supervisors.
- Keep candidates engaged throughout the process, ensuring consistent communication on the status of the search.
- Works with hiring supervisor and VP of HR to determine offer details, using market data and organization’s compensation philosophies and guidelines to support recommendations.
- Extends employment offers and communicates important employment information during delivery of offers (e.g., organization’s mission, vision, compensation philosophy, benefits, etc.)
- Proactively and regularly communicates the status of each search to the hiring leader, providing a consultative approach with recommendations on how to move forward.
- Ensure that all recruiting processes and procedures meet the needs of the organization and ensure compliance with state and federal reporting requirements
- Stays informed of trends and innovative recruiting techniques in order to be competitive
- Works with the Marketing team in executing the social media strategy as it relates to our talent attraction efforts in order to continually promote our brand
- Manages an engaging new hire on-boarding process. Works with the HR Assistant to complete all pre-employment activities.
- Plans and facilitates new hire orientation activities collaborating with the VP of HR, HR Assistant and program supervisors to ensure an effective training plan for all new hires.
- Ensures the effectiveness and relevance of the New Hire orientation and continually improves the experience and delivery of the process and materials.
- Follows up with new hires during their introductory period to provide additional training and resources, answer questions, and aid in resolving any position challenges.
- Responsible for reviewing job descriptions on an annual basis and working with the VP of HR and hiring supervisors to make necessary updates.
- In collaboration with the VP of HR, responsible for evaluating and maintaining the new hire training curricula for new hires through Relias Essential Learning. Additionally, promotes Relias training features, benefits, and professional development opportunities to all staff.
- Manages the employee referral program.
- Participates in developing team goals, objectives and systems.
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the HR department and services performed.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in conferences and educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining professional and personal networks; and participating in professional organizations.
- Participates in departmental meetings and agency trainings. Completes all agency training as required.
- Cross trains with the HR Generalist and provides support as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with a disability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Management, or related field required. Equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- SHRM or HRCI certification preferred.
- Three to five years demonstrated employee recruitment or talent acquisition experience including sourcing, interviewing and developing recruitment strategy plans.
- Recruitment experience in a Non-Profit and in a Healthcare setting strongly preferred.
- Prior experience using an ATS and HRIS system required.
Skills and Knowledge
- Embodies support of Pillars Community Health’s mission and vision.
- Responsible for upholding the highest standards of ethical and professional behavior.
- Ensures confidentiality in all aspects of job performance.
- Assures an environment of inclusiveness and demonstrates a commitment to diversity in the workplace.
- Strong customer service focus with ability to determine customer needs and respond appropriately. Treats everyone with respect, dignity, and compassion.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; shows strong attention to details.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively to all levels of the organization.
- Is a self-starter; works well both independently and in a team environment.
- Sound problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously, meet required timelines and perform in a fast-paced, complex organization.
- Is punctual and regular in attendance.
- Is committed to continuous learning, skill development and application of new knowledge related to both human resource management and the organization.
- Technically savvy, advanced experience with social media sourcing efforts to attract and engage active & passive talent. Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office: Word, Outlook, Excel, and Power Point.
Illinois Driver’s License required. Personal vehicle needed for transportation between company sites and for recruitment purposes. Mileage for authorized work-related purposes is reimbursable.
Email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org