Pillars Community Health has continued to provide services amid shelter in place, as these services are deemed "essential.” As we enter phase 4 of Governor Pritzker’s five-phase plan to reopen Illinois, we have some updates to share including some services that will reopen in August as on-site, community-based, or in-person services.
Which numbers to call:
- 24-hour Crisis Line: If you are experiencing a Behavioral Health crisis (e.g., suicidal thoughts, aggression toward others, sudden trauma, etc.), call 708-745-5277, press 1 for English/2 for Spanish, then 3 for Mental Health.
- 24-hour Domestic Violence Hotline: 708-485-5254
- 24-hour Sexual Assault Hotline: 708-482-9600
- Coronavirus Testing: Information is available in the Health Center section below. Call 708-PILLARS (708-745-5277) and follow the prompts to schedule an appointment for testing in Willowbrook, Burbank, or La Grange.
- Texting Line: Pillars Community Health is a proud partner of the Illinois Call4Calm Text Line Service. Text “TALK” TO 552020 (or “HABLAR" for Spanish). The Illinois Call4Calm Text Line is not a crisis hotline, but is a source of support for anyone experiencing stress and in need of a listening ear. We are here to serve you.
- For all other calls: If you would like to set up a medical appointment, have a dental emergency, or want to set up an assessment/appointment in mental health or addictions, call 708-PILLARS (708-745-5277) and follow the prompts.
Precautions at all locations:
We are following guidelines from the CDC, Illinois Department of Public Health, and Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity. Once our services begin to re-open in early July, this includes limited occupancy, social distancing, regular cleaning and disinfecting, wearing masks and making masks available, and frequent hand washing and sanitizing. Before you come to one of our facilities, please read:
- Please call us at 708-PILLARS (708-745-5277) before coming in, if you are sick or experiencing symptoms of coronavirus or have been exposed to someone with coronavirus. Depending on your symptoms, we may suggest a telehealth visit, refer you elsewhere, or schedule you to have a COVID-19 test performed at one of our testing locations.
- Wear a face mask or face covering. As of May 1, 2020, all people in Illinois are required to wear a face mask or face covering in public. They are required in all Pillars Community Health spaces. The requirement applies to all individuals over the age of two who are able to medically tolerate a face-covering or a mask.
- Temperature and wellness checks will be conducted for all staff, clients/patients, and visitors at the entrances of all Pillars Community Health locations.
- Remember to maintain social distancing (6 feet from other people) during your travel and at our locations.
Health Center (Medical and Dental):
- Appointments: Visit our Medical and Dental web pages for current hours at both our Community Health Center in La Grange and Family Health Center in Willowbrook. We can still offer many of our Medical and Dental services (including well-child checks, pediatric dental exams, emergency dental care, dental procedures, school and sports physicals, child vaccinations, medication refills, ER follow-ups, psychiatry, mental health appointments, and more). Depending on what you need, we will recommend either a virtual “telehealth” visit or have you come into the office. (NOTE: These visits are held in a different building from COVID-19 testing, so you will not be in the same building as those contacting us about coronavirus symptoms.) Curbside visits are available for patients with diabetes and/or hypertension (to check blood pressure, temperature, and/or other relevant vitals/labs); results are relayed within 24 hours on a telehealth call.
- COVID-19 Testing: Pillars Community Health offers three locations for coronavirus (COVID-19) testing and services: at our Health Center in La Grange, Burr Ridge Middle School (15W451 91st St., Burr Ridge, IL 60527) in partnership with DuPage County Health Department, and Burbank (5635 State Rd., Burbank, IL 60459) in partnership with Stickney Public Health District. You do NOT have to be an existing Pillars Community Health patient: Testing is available to ANYONE (including patients with symptoms of COVID-19, anyone with a known exposure to COVID-19, or patients without symptoms who wish to be tested). Limited tests are available and an appointment is required; call 708-PILLARS (708-745-5277) and follow the prompts. Between the three locations, we are now able to offer appointments six days a week. Appointments will be scheduled in the following time slots: Burbank Mondays and Fridays 8:30 am-11:30 am or Wednesdays from 1 pm-4 pm; Burr Ridge on Tuesdays from 8:30 am-11 am and Thursdays from 8:30 am-11:30 am; and La Grange on Saturdays 8:30 am-11 am. Burbank and Burr Ridge are drive-up testing locations; La Grange is walk-up testing in a different space from our Medical Center. Insurance will be billed; if you do not have insurance, please call Pillars Community Health at 708-PILLARS (708-745-5277) to discuss options. NOTE: Testing was previously available at Anne M. Jeans Elementary School in Willowbrook but has been moved to Burr Ridge Middle School. Hours and location may be adjusted based on demand. Drive-up testing is weather dependent.
Domestic and Sexual Violence:
- We know that home is not a safe place for everyone. Having to remain at home with an abuser can create a higher risk of abuse. Our Domestic and Sexual Violence staff continue to serve clients through our FREE 24-hour hotlines (domestic violence: 708-485-5254, sexual assault: 708-482-9600), court advocacy, and counseling. Residential clients were temporarily moved to alternate safe housing due to social distancing requirements but we are making modifications to reopen residential housing at our shelter Constance Morris House. Tips for survivors are available in our YouTube video.
- Outreach and advocacy staff are actively planning digital outreach including university e-learning activities and several public Zoom chats to be hosted throughout Sexual Assault Awareness Month (April). Stay tuned to our Facebook page to find out about new events as they open up.
- Clients can still reach out at 708-PILLARS (708-745-5277) or reach out directly to your clinician to inquire about appointments. We are continuing to assess new clients over the phone. Many regularly scheduled client Behavioral Health appointments will continue to be handled virtually; beginning in July, some services will now be provided on-site depending on level of need. Discuss with your clinician whether you prefer a voice call only or if you are able to do a video call. For video, you’ll need a smartphone, tablet, or a computer with a webcam and audio enabled.
- As of August 1, 2020, Western Springs and the Fillmore Center in Berwyn are open 9 am-8 pm. Our Integrated Behavioral Health site on the second floor of 23 Calendar Ave. in La Grange is open Monday-Friday from 9 am-5 pm until further notice. The Carl Bartolucci Center in Berwyn and our location in Hickory Hills remain CLOSED for the time being.
- The Buddy’s Place childhood bereavement program is offering virtual Monthly Gatherings. Click here for details.
Careers: We continue to hire for open positions. Whether you are considering a direct service, support, or administrative position, each position can make an impact on our community. We hope you apply with us – you will join a compassionate and dedicated team and help to further our mission to heal, care and educate! Click here for more information.
Events: We continue to offer many events and trainings, which we have transitioned to virtual offerings. Click here for the calendar.